Over the last few weeks, spring has definitely sprung! While I’ve been watching everything around me turn green and grow, things at Dig the Dunes are growing too.
My head has been spinning as I’ve been meeting with many people and planning different things. My goal is to bring you as much about the dunes as I can. I would love for DigtheDunes.com to be the place for locals and visitors alike to go to find local restaurants & shops, discover what events are happening, and learn where the best beaches, parks and trails may be. I want you to be able to learn about all the amazing people in the area. ~ the artists, the musicians, the local business owners. And of course, I want to continue to bring you the beautiful photos of our dunes.
I’m going to use this week’s blog to tell you a little bit about what I’ve already done.
• I’ve added a “What’s New” link on the website. This is free of charge and available to any business that has opened in the last three months that is approved by an employee of Dig the Dunes. Please just submit your name and address and someone will come and check it out. If you’d like to share something about your business, you are welcome to do so!
• I’m expanding my directory. For Just $30 a year, you can get a directory listing that includes name of business, address, phone, website, brief description and photo. You can also add a “Dig the Dunes Discount” if you like. The directory listing is limited to certain categories, however banner ads for any type of business will be available starting June 1.
• I’ve opened up a Dig the Dunes Instagram account @digthedunes. Here I will invite all of you to submit your photos with the hashtag #digthedunes and I hope to run contests and feature local photographers. (I also have a twitter account @digthedunes)
• I’m expanding the beaches & trails section of the website. Please check often and think of Dig the Dunes when planning your outings!
• I’m working with some high school students to bring you a section for those that are “young” and “young at heart”. This should be up in the next few weeks.
• I am working on a new Dig the Dunes t-shirt with local artist Nichole Renee Scheaffer
• I will continue to periodically offer my photos at reasonable rates. I am also working with some other artists to bring you more of the beauty that the dunes has to offer.
I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting Dig the Dunes. It is because of you that I feel we are growing so quickly. Your positive feedback means the world to me and pushes me to keep going. I welcome any comments, thoughts and ideas for future blogs, places to visit or how to make the website better.
Next weekend is already Memorial Day! Can you believe that summer is already here? So now that the weather has warmed up and school is almost out — let’s get out and keep “Diggin’ those Dunes!”