May is here and the weather is finally warming up! There’s some fun stuff happening in the dunes and we are happy to share it with you. Here are some of our top picks:
- May 2 – Burn ‘Em Beer Run, Michigan City, IN – Head to Burn ‘Em brewery and run the trails at Tryon Farm. Dig the Dunes is teaming up with Burn ‘Em for this third and very popular fun run. More info here.
- May 5 – Opening Day for Farmers Markets! Chesterton and Michigan City, IN – The season is back and we can’t wait! Check out both the European Market and the new Michigan City Farmers Market each Saturday.
- May 10 – Brush and Brews at Craft House – Chesterton, IN – Join us for this popular Beach Glass class. New trinkets, faster drying glaze and different beach glass colors are now available. Can’t make May 10? Head to Bull Dog on the Lake on May 16!
- May 11 – 5×5 at the Depot. Beverly Shores, IN – Check out this unique art opening at The Depot in Beverly Shores. 55+ established, mid career, and emerging artists have created original artwork 5″ x 5″ specifically for this exhibit. All proceeds for this event will go to programming for the museum. More info here.
- May 12 – Bog and Brew: Pinhook Bog – Michigan City, IN – Low difficulty one mile hike at Pinhook Bog. This is a free event for Save the Dunes members or a $25 non-member donation. Spaces fill up fast for this one! More info here.
- May 18 – Sips, Suds, and Songs, Barker Mansion, Michigan City, IN – Celebrate spring at Barker Mansion. $1 from every beverage will go to Save the Dunes. Get your picture taken in the garden by a professional photographer (weather permitting). More info and tickets here.
- May 19 – Douglas Center Re-Opening and National Kids to Parks Day, Gary, IN – Head to the Paul H. Douglas Center for it’s Grand-Reopening. Join rangers adn PBS Kids’ Nature Cat from 10-2 for this fun, family day. More information is coming soon!
- May 26 – Swale Music Festival, Michigan City, IN – Over 20 bands, 3 stages, all ages event will take place at Charles R. Wescott Park in Michigan City. Pre sale tickets are $10, $15 at the gate. Local grub, beer and wine available. More info here.
- May 31 – New Buffalo Farmer’s Market, New Buffalo, MI – This fun Thursday evening activity kicks off on May 31. Farmers and Artisan market. Food, live music and more! More info here.
- Month of May: Bead Town Along the South Shore, Hammond, IN – Head to the South Shore CVA throughout the month of May for this fun exhibit. Be a part of history as they attempt to break a new Guinness World Record! More info here.
Coming Soon! Jammin with Save the Dunes, June 2 at Guy Foreman Ampitheater, Michigan City, IN. Save the Dunes biggest fundraiser! Head to the lakefront’s largest music fest. Mr. Blotto headlines. 2 stages including Clusterpluck, Tumbleweed Jumpers, School of Rock Oak Park and Robert Rolfe Feddersen. More info and tickets here.