January is here and it’s a new year! Many are thinking about hibernating for the next few months, but not us! We’ve been researching all the events happening in the dunes and here are some of our favorites.
- January 1: First Day Hike. Head to the Indiana Dunes State Park for a rejuvenating healthy hike to kick off the new year! Part of a 50 state initiative, you will join others on the three dune challenge covering 1.5 miles. Pets are welcome. More info here.
- January 4: Chakra Cleansing Meditation. Sacred Dunes, Michigan City. This workshop will help to balance your internal energy. Feel secure and rooted in your life. The first workshop filled up so fast they had to add another. More information here.
- January 9: Brush and Brews “Rock Out”. Join Dig the Dunes as we kick off our 2019 art classes. This one will be held in the non-smoking Chart Room at Matey’s and will incorporate painting, rocks, sand and shells. Rock out with some rock art! Just $35. Class includes instruction, materials and one drink. Tickets here.
- January 12: Dunes Learning Center Winter Open House. Join the Dunes Learning Center for some outdoor fun! Live music, hot cocoa, cookies and more. Free admission, but registration requested. More information here.
- January 19: Burn Em Long Johns On Winter Warmer Bash. Beer, music, and winter fun! Join Burn ‘Em for their annual event. Tickets here.
- January 19: Bingo for Benches. Miller Garden Club is hosting this first annual event to raise money for some benches! Head to the Aquatorium in Miller Beach for some wine, cheese, prizes and lots of fun. More information here.
- January 23: Get Fit, Get Food. Get Fit, Get Food is back! Join Troy Ford of Troybuilt Fitness as he leads a 50 minute Built Camp exercise class. After working out, head over to Chickpea for a delicious family style meal. This is a great way to get out, get healthy and get dinner! Come alone or bring friends. It’s a great way to meet new people! Get the info here.
- January 26: Big Barn Beer Fest. Over 100 of the area’s best craft brews, food buffet, live music and more! All proceeds go to the Lake Area United Way and local NWI food pantries. Head to county line orchards for some fun! More information and tickets here.
- January 26: Margarita Madness. Dig the Dunes is at it again and this time it’s a margarita competition. Head over to Matey’s for some Mexican food and margaritas as four area restaurants compete for the best margarita in town! Tickets sell out quickly for this event so get them while they are available. Purchase here.
- January 27: I love coffee 5k. Too much over indulging over the holidays? Join Paul Stofko for this Crazy Legs race through the town of Porter. And you guessed it, there will be some delicious coffee at the the finish line! Find out more here.
Want to learn about more events like this? Be sure to sign up for the Dig the Dunes weekly e-newsletter, right here!