Top Eleven Events in June!
Hello, summer! June looks like a busy month for all ages, so much so that we couldn’t pick just ten. Here are eleven fun things to do this month:
- June 2 – Jammin with Save the Dunes, Michigan City, IN – It’s time to jam again! The second annual Jammin with Save the Dunes is here. This is Save the Dunes’ signature fundraiser that attracts hundreds of people out to Washington Park. There will be live music by acts such as Mr. Blotto, Robert Rolfe Feddersen, ClusterPluck, and more! Local food, breweries, and wineries will be vending as well. This fundraiser is open to all ages, so bring your family out to support our beautiful dunes. Tickets can be purchased on the event’s Facebook page, but you can also purchase them at the door for only $5 more.After Jammin, head over to Sunset Grille for an after party, where they’ll be donating $1 for every beer sold from 10PM – 12AM to Save the Dunes! You might even have a chance to meet some of the band members. We’ll see you there!
- June 2 – National Trails Day Activities, Portage, IN – What’s a better way to celebrate National Trails Day than by exploring the trails? Take time out of your day to head out to West Beach for a 5k trail run, sponsored by REI! If hikes are more up your alley, explore one (or more) of the trails found at West Beach. Even better, help out the trails themselves by assisting in clean-up activities. If West Beach is a little far for you, celebrate this day at one of your favorite trails along the National Lakeshore.Want to participate in the 5k? Find out more information here.
- June 3 – Concert For Our Lives, Chesterton, IN – This is a charity concert being held in support of the NeverAgain movement, students in school, and for victims of gun violence everywhere. There will be food vendors as well as T-Shirts for sale! Proceeds from the shirts will go towards an organization called SAVE, which is Students Against Violence Everywhere. Admission is free to the public, but they are accepting donations here to help out with operating costs for the concert itself. Any donations made past that will go straight towards NeverAgain and SAVE.
- June 6 – Burn ‘Em Beer Run, Michigan City, IN – Time for the June beer run! There will be three different courses available for those who want to run, want to walk, or want to stay out of the mud. This event really covers it all! Meet at Burn ‘Em, enjoy a nice 2-3 mile walk/run, then head back to Burn ‘Em and enjoy a well-earned beer. Best part is, it’s only $6! You can register ahead of time, right here.
- June 7, 13, and 20 – Brush & Brews (with Beach Glass) – Our beach glass classes have become so popular, but there are only THREE more left! Each class is limited to 30 people, so get your tickets and don’t miss out!June 7 – Journeyman Distillery, Three Oaks, MI – Tickets available here.
June 13 – Byway Brewing Company, Hammond, IN – Tickets available here.
June 20 – Burn ‘Em Brewing, Michigan City, IN – Tickets available here.
- June 9 – Brew at the Zoo, Michigan City, IN – It’s that time again! Enjoy an evening of beer, wine, and amazing food at Washington Park Zoo. While it is at the zoo, this event is 21+. As of right now, the weather is going to be great that day, so why not enjoy it? Tickets are $50 a piece.Not busy after Brew? Head over to Sunset Grille for an after party! Beer from Burn ‘Em Brewing will be available and there will be live entertainment by The Gateway Rugs.
- June 23 – Burn ‘Em Brewing’s 3 Year Anniversary Bash, Michigan City, IN – Cheers to 3 years! This event will include live music by 4 bands, a specialty tap list, and fresh local food. It is also family friendly, where kids 12 and under have free entry. Tickets for those 12+ are available here, or for $5 more at the door.
Let’s celebrate one of Michigan City’s finest!
- June 27 – Full Moon Hike in Miller Woods, Gary, IN – Here’s something a little different for you. Go for a moonlight hike through beautiful oak savannas and spectacular sand dunes within the Miller Woods. Join a ranger as you hike all the way out to Lake Michigan and see how amazing it looks under the night sky.
- June 28 – Sunset Photography Class, Michigan City, IN – Another sunset photography open to all photography and sunset lovers! This class is fine for any camera, including iPhone cameras in case you don’t have one. Join Dig the Dunes and Rainstorm Photo this evening to capture the perfect photo of a sunset over Lake Michigan. Tickets are available here, and are limited, so buy yours today!
- June 30 – First Ever Dunes Dash, Portage, IN – This is a 5k that makes it’s way through the streets, trails, and beaches of Ogden dunes in celebration of Save the Dunes’ founder, Dorothy Buell. You can register for the race here, and there are just over 100 spots left. Sign up soon and support a wonderful cause!
- June 30 – Michigan City PRIDE Fest , Michigan City, IN – Here’s something I’m very excited about: Michigan City’s first PRIDE event ever! Gather together for food, drinks, and first class entertainment. Welcome to the Other Side will also be performing their first all-ages show. There will be more events announced as the date gets closer, so keep a look out on the event’s Facebook page!
Want to learn about more fun events in the area? Sign up for the Dig the Dunes Weekly e-newsletter today!