Top 12 Things To Do In November
Step out of the cold and into one of the many craft shows waiting for you this month. Or, if the chill in the air doesn’t bother you, we found several fun outdoor activities just for you. Mark your calendars with these twelve events in November.
- November 3 – Fall Festival, Michigan City, IN – This family festival will have free games, art and crafts and wagon rides. There will also be live music and face painting. The local businesses will be collecting canned goods and coats to donate to Stepping Stone Shelter For Women. More information can be found here.
- November 3 – Halloween Pub Crawl, Michigan City, IN – This pub crawl is benefitting the Washington Park Zoological Society. For $10 you can purchase a punch card at any of the participating vendors starting at 2pm and then make your rounds finishing up by 9pm. More information can be found here.
- November 3 – ODWC Arts & Crafts Fair, Portage, IN – Come see the wonders of local vendors and artisans selling diverse handmade goods that reflect our native environment and community. You’ll find creative gifts, homewares, health and beauty items, jewelry, artwork, vintage goods, handcrafted treasures and a variety of tasty noms including baked delights, soups, and chili (to eat in or take out!). More information can be found here.
- November 7 – Brush & Brews: Beach Glass Wind Chimes, Hammond, IN – Create your very own beach glass wind chimes! This fun class will teach you how to wrap glass and then assemble your glass and a variety of trinkets to create wind chimes. Class includes instruction, materials and one beer. You are welcome to bring your own beach glass and treasures! Tickets can be purchased here.
- November 10 – Interwoven Expressions, Chesterton, IN – This once a year event is happening at Sand Creek Country Club. Featuring exquisite creations from hands that weave, dye, knit, felt, quilt, stitch and design contemporary and traditional fashions, home décor, and holiday gifts. More information can be found here.
- November 10 – Snowfest Art and Craft Show, Valparaiso, IN -21st annual art and craft show hosted by the Athletic Boosters features handmade arts and crafts. 50/50 and door prize drawings. Lunch is available in the cafe. All proceeds benefit the athletic department. Free admission. For more information please visit us here.
- November 10 – Crazy Legs 4 Mile Night Run, Valparaiso IN – This 4 mile night race will take place at Sunset Hill County Park. The course will be through the farm and will include Roller Coaster Hill. Headlamps are mandatory and can be purchased through the online sign-up process here.
- November 10 – 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off at Duneland Beach Inn, Michigan City, IN – Head to Duneland Beach Inn for this 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off benefitting Save The Dunes. More information may be found here.
- November 16 – Shady Creek Wine Tasting Event, Michigan City, IN – Join us for our 4th annual Wine Tasting Event! Enjoy great wine and delicious appetizers and show your support for Boys & Girls Club of Michigan City! Tickets may be purchased here.
- November 17 – La Pour Brew & Wine Fest, La Porte, IN – Head to the La Porte Civic Auditorium for the 4th Annual La Pour Brew & Wine Fest featuring several local breweries, great food and live music. Tickets can be purchased at the La Porte Civic Auditorium and the Greater La Porte Chamber of Commerce or here.
- November 23 – Black Friday Opt-outside Hike, Portage, IN – Skip the lines and check out this free expert-led, family friendly hike at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore’s West Beach. You choose 1, 2 or up to 3.5 miles on this interactive hike. More information can be found here.
- November 24 – Hometown Holiday Market, Chesterton, IN – Our second annual Hometown Holiday Market will kick off the holiday season in charming downtown Chesterton! The market will open at 11am with many of the beloved vendors from the summer season market. The day will be full of festivities, such as carriage rides, photo props and so much more. Then as the daylight fades, the market becomes magical under the light of holiday lights, as the town parade kicks off, and Santa arrives in time to light up the town Christmas tree! More information can be found here.
Want to learn about more fun events like this? Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter!