Top 12 Things to do in March!
March is nearly here and spring is in the air! Lots of fun events are kicking in. So many, that we had to go beyond our top 10 and give you 12! Enjoy! And let us know which one was your favorite. Have another event you’d like us to know about? Comment below.
- March 4 – Beach Glass Mania at Matey’s, Michigan City, IN – A great event to kick off a March! Get together with your friends in Matey’s Chartroom and create your own custom pair of earrings or bracelet using beach glass from our local beach. All of the supplies needed will be provided with the purchase of a ticket, so you just need to bring yourself and your creativity!
- March 4 – Duneland Beach Inn Oscar Party, Michigan City, IN – This is Duneland’s very first Oscar party! Make it out this Sunday to the inn for a nice dinner, craft cocktail specials, and a live showing of the Oscars on any of their 3 screens. They’ll have out ballots so you can vote, with prizes given to the correct votes. Also, you’ll get an Oscar statuette to take home after! How neat. This isn’t something you should pass up. Grab some tickets from the event page here!
- March 7 – Burn ‘Em Beer Run, Michigan City, IN – Should you drink or go for a run? Be healthy or not? Why not both? Get out into the (hopefully) warmer March weather for Dig the Dunes’ first ever beer run. If enough people come out, we are considering making this a monthly event…at different locations! Let’s get in shape in the most fun way possible.
- March 10 – Wild Women and Wine, Michigan City, IN – Back for it’s second year, Wild Women and Wine will celebrate Women’s History Month, specifically the women who helped shape Northwest Indiana history. The Metamorphis Traveling Theatre will be performing, and after you can take some time to view all three floors of the beautiful Barker Mansion. It would be best to register in advance, and you can do so here.
- March 10 – Maple Sugar Time Family Overnight, Chesterton, IN – Immerse yourself in the local traditions of maple sugaring at a fun overnight stay in the dunes!
- March 11 – 8th Annual Corned Beef-Off, New Buffalo, MI – Get together at Davids Delicatessen to try a variety of different corned beef briskets prepared by people from all over the country. If you’re a fan of this traditional St. Patrick’s Day protein, this is something you won’t want to miss.
- March 14 – Celtic Cocktail Class, Michigan City, IN – Join three of our area’s top mixologists as they teach you how to create popular hand-crafted cocktails at this Celtic cocktail class! What a great way to get yourself excited for St. Patrick’s Day, and to learn a few new tricks to show off to your friends. You can buy tickets here!
- March 17 – Corkscrew and Brew, Chesterton, IN – Here’s an almost-Springtime tasting in the beautiful Thomas Centennial Park! There will be a number of local breweries and wineries attending, as well as food vendors and some great music. All proceeds will go towards the Duneland Chamber of Commerce and Thomas Centennial Park, so go ahead and buy tickets here.
- March 17 – Running with the Irish 5k and Fun Run, Chesterton, IN – This is an event for the whole family! This will be both a competitive and non-competitive 5k, run or walk, so no need to feel any pressure. Have fun, as you can even dress in your best St. Patrick’s Day attire and possibly win prizes. Best part is the feast afterwards! Secure your spot now.
- March 24 – Fishing in the Dunes, Gary, IN – Have you ever wondered where some of the best spots to fish are around town? Join local fishing expert and park ranger Ryan Koepke for a presentation to learn where some of these “secret locations” are in and around the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. This is a free event, so why not go check it out?
- March 25 – Easter Egg Hunt, Valparaiso, IN – Last year’s Easter egg hunt went over so well last year at Taltree Arboretum that they decided to give it a go again this year! And this time, there will be 3 separate hunts to make room everyone! Grab your basket and start searching.
- March 25 – Nelson Algren’s birthday, Miller, IN – Head to the Nelson Algren Museum of Miller Beach to celebrate what would have been Nelson Algren’s 109th birthday and will be Art Shay’s 96th. Erik Gellman will be this year’s speaker.
Looking for more fun events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter, right here.