Top 10 outdoor patios with a waterfront view.
Summer is here, the restaurants have started to open back up and it’s time for our top ten patio list! This year we have decided to do the top ten patios in the dunes that have a waterfront view. So here they are, in no particular order. (Please make sure to check their facebook pages for openings and special Covid guidelines).
- Wells Street Beach, Miller – (Gary, IN). Located on the beach in Miller, this concession is a hidden gem. Find burgers, beer and a great place to sit and relax after taking a stroll down the beach. Wells Street Beach also has a parking lot just steps from the beach. This year they have changed standard procedures due to Covid. Please check their facebook for updates.
- Fish Camp – (Michigan City, IN). At Bartlett’s Fish Camp you will find casual dining, fresh seafood, great drinks, live music and more. The outdoor deck has a great view of the harbor. Check them out here. DF
- Base Camp – (Michigan City, IN). Looking for something a little more casual? Base Camp is right across from Fish Camp on the marina. Order sandwiches, hot dogs, ice cream, smoothies, coffee and more. You can also pick up your In Coast gear and other beach supplies. Read about them here. DF
- Matey’s – (Michigan City, IN). It’s always a party at Matey’s! Choose from one of the many decks to perch atop Michigan City and watch the cars and people walk by. Matey’s is open late night, offers a full menu, lots of drink specials and music. Head to the top deck for a great view of the lake, harbor and sunset. More info here.
- Bridges Waterside Grille – (Michigan City, IN). At Bridges you can hang out on the deck and watch the historical Amtrak Bridge turn when the train comes. There is also an amazing selection of beer, great food and downstairs the kids can even feed the ducks! More info here. DF
- Emita II – We couldn’t do our outdoor patios list without including the Emita II, which is docked at Millenium Plaza in Michigan City. This tour boat run by Harbor Country Adventures is a must for everyone! Sit out on the water and watch the dunes and beach roll by while enjoying your favorite cocktail and snacks.
- Sunset Grille – (Michigan City, IN). At Sunset Grille you can sit right along the sand or on the rooftop deck for dinner and a sunset. This is a concession stand and a whole lot more. The upstairs bar (please check updates on facebook for opening date) has a full cocktail menu and table service.
- Bentwood Tavern – (New Buffalo, MI). At Bentwood Tavern you will truly feel like you are on vacation. Bentwood offers fine dining and a gorgeous view of the boats. This artisan comfort cuisine hits the spot when looking out at the beautiful marina and waterfront. Check their facebook page, here. DF
- Stray Dog – (New Buffalo, MI). Looking for some fun? Head to Stray Dog and hit the upstairs rooftop deck. It’s always a good time & great view. And, the food hits the spot after a day at the beach. Check facebook here.
- And finally…Dig the Dunes Trail Stop! – (Portage, IN). Trail Stop is a must stop before or after hitting the beaches and trails. Trail Stop is Dig the Dunes newest venture! It is located at Portage Lakefront & Riverwalk, which is nestled right in the middle of the Indiana Dunes National Park. Enjoy beer, wine, pizza, ice cream, snacks and one of the best sunset views around! You can also stock up on all your Dig the Dunes merchandise. Look for events coming later this summer. Read more here. DF
DF – Dog Friendly
Want to read more articles like this? Be sure to sign up for the Dig the Dunes weekly e-newsletter, right here!