Things to do this month in the dunes!
The season has changed and so have our choices of activities this month. From running for beer to hiking the haunted trails, get ready to have fun while taking in all the beautiful scenery that Fall has to offer!
- October 3 – Burn ‘Em Beer Run, Michigan City, IN – Start the month off right with this fun Beer Run with multiple courses available. Cost is $6 and includes your beer as well as a tip. Please register here so we know how many to expect and then pay your $6 when you arrive if you would like a beer.
- October 5-7 – Indiana Dunes Outdoor Adventure Festival, Porter, IN – Come experience the Dunes this fall with a weekend packed full of activities. There’s guaranteed to be something available for everyone! Tickets are available here.
- October 6 – New Buffalo Harvest & Wine Festival, New Buffalo, MI – Head to New Buffalo for the 13th Annual Harvest & Wine Festival. There will be lots to choose from with 18 different local and regional wineries, 50 vendors offering food, produce, art, and unique handmade gifts along with lots of fun stuff for kids. More information can be found here.
- October 6 – Porter’s Perfect Pint Fest, Porter, IN – Check out the 8th Annual Porter’s Perfect Pint Fest (a 21 and up event). This is sure to be a crowd pleaser with a variety of beer available for tasting! Tickets may be purchased here.
- October 7 – Tryon Farm Tour – Michigan City, IN – Tryon Farm’s home tour is featuring access to 6 private homes and their historic barn in this sustainable, simple and well-designed community. The homes and gardens within this 170-acre former dairy farm vary in style, and each has been carefully chosen for the tour. Funds raised support Tryon Farm Institute, a non-profit land trust responsible for environmental education and land stewardship. More information is available here.
- October 10 – Brush & Brews – Michigan City, In – Brush and brew is back with a new addition! Lighthouse on the Lake. Join Eve Wierzbicki of Dig The Dunes and instructor Jenny Rusboldt as they create a beautiful Lighthouse and Lake Michigan Masterpiece! Work with sand, stones, driftwood, canvas and paint. Follow along or be creative and create your own! Tickets may be purchased here.
- October 13 – Haunted Trails – Friendship Gardens, Michigan City, IN – This family friendly event will host a Trick or Treat on their Haunted Trails, face painting, games and a bonfire. Be sure to have the kids wear their costumes! Tickets Sold at Door Day of Event.
- October 20 – Barker Bonfire, Michigan City, IN- This bonfire has it all- food, music and the opportunity to meet with Save the Dunes staff! Beer and wine available with a donation. Tickets may be purchased here.
- October 20 – The Inaugural Zorn Oktoberfest! Michigan City, IN – This fun fest will have 4 bands, food and beer!
- October 27 – Flame + Flair Halloween Festival – Michigan City, IN – This kid friendly event will be held in the Uptown Arts District of Michigan City and will feature Trick or Treat, a Thriller Dance performed by local youth and more!
Want to learn about more fun events like this? Be sure to sign up for the Dig the Dunes e-newsetter!