Ten pefect gifts for the Dunes lover in your life.
Do you know someone that loves to go out hiking and exploring in the dunes, or maybe just likes to look at their beauty? Are you looking for the perfect gift for them? Take a look at our list and hopefully we will give you a few fun ideas!
- Dig the Dunes Merch. We had to start here, right? If you haven’t been to our online shop in awhile be sure to check it out! We’ve got calendars with beautiful dunes photos, shirts, hoodies, koozies, dog bowls, magnets and more! Start shopping here.
- Indiana Dunes State Park Pass. The trails are all over our area, but some of the best are located right in the Indiana Dunes State Park. Your pass is good for the full year and gets you in to all Indiana State Parks. We suggest making Trail 9 your first stop. More info here.
- Membership to Save the Dunes. Is the dunes lover in your life passionate about our area and protecting it? Then a membership to Save the Dunes is the perfect gift. Your money will help preserve and protect the Indiana Dunes and Lake Michigan as well as get you Into several members only events. It’s easy to become a member, just click here!
- Beach Glass Jewelry and more. Beach Bums in Michigan City and Treasures by the Tide (online) have lots of jewelry, wine charms, key chains and more that use beach glass right from our shores. Find your own and have them custom make something for you.
- Give the gift of an experience. Purchase tickets for the Dig the Dunes class or event. You can keep up with our events by looking at our eventbrite page or receiving our weekly e-newsletter!
- An overnight in the dunes area. Stay over at the Brewery Lodge, Duneland Beach Inn or one of the many rentals in our dig the dunes directory. All are close to the trails, beach and local breweries and restaurants. View listings here.
- A membership to Friendship Botanic Gardens, Gabis Arboretum….or both! Both have hiking, fun events and are a beautiful place to relax and get out into nature.
- Tickets to a concert at the Acorn Theater and a gift card at Journeyman or Staymaker. Nothing is better than a hike at Miller Woods and then music and a cocktail after. Three Oaks has all sorts of fun shops and restaurants. It’s the perfect day trip for the outdoor lover in your life.
- A wine tour. Give second nature limousine or harbor country adventures a call and book a wine tour for you and your friends. The wineries are in some of the most scenic parts of Michigan. Stop at the beach, take a quick walk and then enjoy a few of the many area wineries. No need to worry about drinking and driving when you are in the backseat of a limo!
- Plan a day trip. Why not make the perfect itinerary for the dunes lover in your life. Check our full list of area trails, find a restaurant nearby, grab some gear at our shop, and even find out where you can take Fido! Find it all on DigtheDunes.com and get ready for an unforgettable experience!
Want to read more articles like this? Be sure to sign up for the Dig the Dunes weekly e-newsletter!