Twelve events you need to put on your calendar for June in the Dunes!
After Memorial weekend, summer in the dunes really kicks off. June will be here, the kids will be out of school and the weather will (hopefully) be warmer. So get your calendars out because here are 10 really great events that will be happening throughout the month of June.
- June 3-5: Dunes Glamping Weekend at the Indiana Dunes State Park. The Indiana Dunes State Park is offering a special themed weekend to explore the natural and cultural resources in the dunes from a glamping perspective. There will be a vintage camper rally and you can peek into some of the old campers. There will be jewelry making, camping recipe tasting, example glamping sites and more!
- June 4: Jammin with Save the Dunes at Washington Park in Michigan City. Jammin is the signature fundraiser for Save the Dunes. This event draws hundreds of dunes lovers to Washington Park to enjoy great music, local craft beer, food trucks and kids activities. Headliners for this year include Mr. Blotto and Corey Dennison Blues Band. The event will kick off with a family friendly band from the Old Town School of Music at 4:00.
- June 5: Craft Beer Festival and Car Show, Taltree Arboretum,Valparaiso IN. Sample more than 50 craft beers while checking out cool cars provided by Winamac Old Auto Club and enjoying live music and the beautiful gardens at Taltree. Admission is $20 per car load.
- June 11: Brew at the Zoo, Michigan City Zoo, Michigan City, IN. Support the Michigan City Zoo with this brew fest. This is a 21 and over event and tickets are $50 each. Sample beer, wine and food while strolling through the zoo and visiting with the animals. After the party, head to Fire & Water for the Burn ‘Em Tap Takeover with music by Robert Rolfe Feddersen, a bbq buffet and of course a great selection of burn ’em beer!
- June 17: The Uptown Fashion Affair. Come on out and support the Michigan City Mainstreet Association. The Uptown Fashion Affair is an annual, locally sourced fashion show held in the heart of the Uptown Arts District in Michigan City. It showcases several of the regions local boutiques, salons and artists.
- June 17: Food & Arts Fest, Crown Point. Beautiful arts and crafts fill downtown Crown Point, IN while the aroma of delicious delicacies permeate the air. Live music, beer garden and lots of food and art!
- June 18: Burn Em Brewery Anniversary Party, Michigan City, IN. Celebrate the one year anniversary of their tap room. Live music all day/evening. Gerry Hundt, Upside Down & Backwards, Whiskey of the Damned and Left Lane Cruiser. Large variety of Burn Em beer, guest breweries and several food trucks.
- June 23: Dig the Dunes Sunset Photography Class and Pocket Vinyl at Fire & Water, Washington Park, Michigan City IN. Head down to Washington Park on a Thursday for an evening of fun. The Dig the Dunes class is limited and will most likely sell out soon, so if interested, grab your ticket fast. Pocket Vinyl will be a free concert, live art show and more!
- June 25: Portage Community Historical Summer Fest, Portage, IN. Head to the Portage Community Historical Society on Hwy. 6 for their summer festival. Crafters, games for kids, hayrides, watermelon eating contest, museum tours, fishing derby, tours in the Trager farmhouse and barn and much more!
- June 25: Friendship Gardens Music Under the Stars, Michigan City IN. Mike Strewn and the Rootsdown Band are coming to Friendship Gardens for and all-ages show. Burn ‘Em and Green Machine will be on hand for food and drink. All proceeds go toward the continued revitalization of Friendship Botanic Gardens.
- June 25 & 26: New Buffalo Arti Gras, New Buffalo and around Harbor Country. This art and craft festival will offer works of art & fine crafts from over 70 artists. All mediums. There will also be a family fun area, food vendors and live music. Kids can join “Chalk the Walk” from 9-11 on June 25th to brighten up the downtown.
- June 30: Fireworks on the Lakefront. Indiana Dunes State Park and Porter Beach. This family friendly event features fireworks, fresh food trucks, and a live rock concert. A spectacular light show will launch from a barge in Lake Michigan. Arrive early. It gets very crowded!Want to sponsor a Dig the Dunes post? Contact Eve at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. It’s just $50 for a banner ad!You can find more events at South Shore CVA!