Last week’s “Holiday Shopping Ideas” blog was so popular that I decided to add a part 2. With all the fun things to do in the dunes and cool places to shop in the area, coming up with 8 more ideas was pretty easy! So here you go….
• Everyone loves to be pampered! How about a gift certificate from Aqua Spa Nails in Chesterton? The folks there are so friendly and very talented when it comes to holiday designs. So while you’re picking up your gift card, be sure to get a manicure or pedicure and spruce yourself up for the holidays!
• …while in the area you can pick up some fun stocking stuffers at Molly Bea’s Ingredients, which is right next door. This is where to get your candy stocking stuffers, coffee, dry fruits and more. And…if you mention Dig the Dunes, you will get 10% off your order.
• Here’s a fun one! Book a night at the Tryon Farm Guest House in Michigan City. This boutique hotel is the perfect get away that is close to home, yet will make you feel like you’re on vacation. Enjoy a delicious breakfast at the inn and stay close to all of Michigan City’s attractions including Lighthouse Place, Barker Mansion and Friendship Gardens.
• Want to give a gift to the person who has everything? There’s a pretty good chance they have not had Hypnosis with Randi Light! Enlightened Living Hypnosis is your warm and welcoming place to learn, overcome and heal. Give Randi a call at 219.929.8726 and she will find the perfect package for that person on your list.
• Looking for a natural/organic product? Green Housewives Bath Company is as eco conscious as possible! Each and every product is made from natural raw ingredients in small batches to ensure freshness. You can order their products online at greenhousewivesbathco.com
• How about an art class at the Chesterton Art Center? There are all sorts of classes for both children and adults. Everyone can use a little art in their lives. Look for special workshops as well.
• There are a couple very unique stores in the Dig the Dunes “Cool Digs” directory. RLM Restoration & Woodworks in Valpo and K’s Resale and bait in Hammond. At RLM you can find vintage inspired skateboards, skis, snowboards and more, while a trip to K’s will get you a little bit of everything, including some live bait! If you are looking for something in particular, just let them know and they will do the search for you.
• And finally…so many local restaurants in the area are offering great deals when you purchase a gift card. Bartlett’s is offering a $25 gift certificate with every $100 ordered and Lucrezia is offering a $20 card for yourself with a purchase of $100. Feel free to peruse the Dig the Dunes restaurant directory for some ideas. We now have 19 restaurants listed!
Hope this helps check off some items on your list. If you missed part 1, you can read it right here. And remember, if you are looking to give just a little more, there are some wonderful non profit organizations in the area that are working very hard to keep our dunes beautiful. Shirley Heinze Land Trust and Save the Dunes could always use a little help! And a pass to the Indiana Dunes State Park is a wonderful last minute gift!