Friendship Botanic Gardens is officially opening to the public and commencing their 2017 season this Saturday, from 10am to 6pm. This is your chance to see the the incredible transformations made possible by the tireless efforts of their Board, staff, and volunteers. Families can check out the newest additions to the ArcelorMittal Children’s Garden — an arena for nature-based play and learning experiences.
In addition to almost three miles of trails, beautiful gardens and the unique panoply of springtime blooms adorning the grounds, Friendship Gardens is excited to kick-off some really cool events! Here are a few of our favorites:
- June 3: Friendship Botanic Gardens Garden Gala – One of the biggest fundraisers, join in on a delicious dinner, host bar, live auction and more! Tickets available here.
- June 25: Bug Safari at Friendship Botanic Gardens – head to the gardens for this free day of family fun where families can discover a hidden world of bugs living all around us! More information here.
- June 30: Gatsby at the Gardens – Hosted by The Cocktail Concept and Dig the Dunes, this is a party you won’t forget. Tickets and more information can be found here.
- July 9: Native American Heritage Day – Celebrate the Native American Heritage. Experience traditional gardening, trapping, cooking and crafting first hand. This is a free event. More information here.
- August 13: The Lyric Opera at Friendship Gardens – This is a one of a kind special evening in the gardens. You will see some of the biggest names in the Chicago arts and culture scene perform. Tickets are available now and will most likely sell out!
- August 19: Bacchus and Beer Festival in the Gardens – Looking for a beer fest that is different than all the others? Head to the gardens for an evening beer and wine fest that features only the best in the area. Relax by Lake Lucerne and listen to music by Matt Gabriel and Johnny V. Up n Smoke will be on site to provide their famous BBQ. Tickets and more information can be found here.
In addition, every other Wednesday you can join Jessica DeCaro for a series of nature-inspired arts and craft classes geared towards children 8-12 years old. Each class is $20 and will run from 10am-12pm. Bug creations, dream catchers, and air-dry clay pressed flowers are a few of the topics covered. A full list of classes will be available soon. More information can be found on the Friendship Botanic Gardens website as well as information on how to become a member!
Friendship Botanic Gardens will be open Wednesday through Sunday, 10am to 6pm CDT, starting May 6.