Dig the Dunes list of Top 10 Things To Do in February!
February is here and it’s the perfect month for date nights, outings with friends, or maybe just going out and meeting new people. We’ve got all sorts of different things for you to check out this month. Take a look and see what you like!
- February 2 – Friday Friday Art Walk, Michigan City, IN – Make it out to this month’s art walk in the Uptown Arts District! This is an event that is held each month and showcases the unique shops that fill up Michigan City’s downtown area. Patina Vintage Goods will have Zorn beer on hand!
- February 3 & 17 – Snowshoe Hike or Walk in the Dunes, Porter, IN – Enjoy a snowshoe hike on a trail outside the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Visitor Center. Snowshoes are provided for free, so this is definitely something to not pass up. The dunes truly transform in the winter, so take some time out of your day and enjoy the frosty views. No snow? Simply enjoy the dunes with a winter hike.
- February 8 – Living and Creating in the Dunes, Michigan City, IN – Join the Lubeznik Center for the Arts and Save the Dunes as they teach you about our area’s native plant species and how you can preserve this unique landscape. The dunes are unique and one of the best sights to see in Northwest Indiana, and we can all work together to keep these areas safe. Prints of our native plants created by Melissa Washburn will also be available for purchase at this event, and all proceeds will go towards both Save the Dunes and the Lubeznik Center.
- February 10 – Outdoor Adventures Series: Mount Baldy Winter Hike, Michigan City, IN – If you can’t make it out to go on a snowshoe walk, we recommend going on this hike. Meet at the Mount Baldy parking lot for a ranger-led hike to the top of the beautiful and famous Mount Baldy. The views of Lake Michigan and the surrounding area are spectacular. No reservations or fees required, so it would be great for the whole family.
- February 10 – A Victorian Romance. The 125th Wedding Celebration of the Barkers, Michigan City, IN – an afternoon of jazz and romance. Tours, live music, sweet table, live actors and a champagne toast! What a wonderful way to see the mansion.
- February 14 – Valentine’s Day at Running Vines, Chesterton, IN – Whether you are hanging out with your friends or that special someone, come over to Chesterton on Valentine’s Day! Running Vines are offering a 14% discount off all purchases, so why not?
- February 17 – Shelf Ice Brewfest, Michigan City, IN – Get your friends together for this amazing winter beer fest held outside in the Uptown Arts District in downtown Michigan City. There will be 4 big tents with 40 local and regional breweries, including Burn ‘Em Brewing, Zorn, 10-56 Brewing Company, and many more! Of course, there will be food as well, and all the funds from the event go towards the Michigan City Mainstreet Association, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to revitalizing Michigan City’s downtown. It’s a win-win for everyone! You can get tickets here, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- February 22 – Chocolates & Canvas, Michigan City, IN – Wine and canvas not quite your style or looking for something family-friendly? Make it over to the South Bend Chocolate Cafe and enjoy painting with your friends. Children 8 years and over are welcome as well, so bring your kids along and let them make a masterpiece of their own.
- February 23 – Karaoke Night, Valparaiso, IN – Get out for the night and head over to Aftermath Cidery & Winery for a fun night full of karaoke! Even if you’re not someone that likes doing karaoke yourself, watching others could be an experience you’ll never forget.
- February 24 – Matey’s Chart Room Give Back Night for Save the Dunes, Michigan City, IN – Head to Matey’s for a delicious dinner and drinks. They will be giving 15% of all sales to Save the Dunes! Johnny V will be playing some tunes. Come check out the Chart Room! Non-smoking.
Don’t forget to do the Ambler Flatwoods Scavenger Hunt! You have the month of February to head out and snap some photos. Follow these simple rules and win some great prizes!
Want to know about more events? Be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter!