Last weekend we had our first snowfall and the holidays are now upon us. There’s no turning back to summer, so let’s embrace winter and have a good time! If you’re looking for something fun to do this Thanksgiving weekend, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorites right here. Enjoy!
• Don’t feel like cooking? Overboard at the Marina will be having a Thanksgiving Day Buffet. Get your turkey, prime rib, stuffing, cranberries and more. Call 219.879.3009 to reserve seating for either 11am, 12:30pm or 2pm. Overboard will also have a Reggae party on Wednesday night with the band RumbleFish, coming from Kalamazoo, MI. There will be drink specials and No cover.
• The Waterbird Banquet Center will be busy all weekend. Chester Brown is playing on Friday and there will be an improv comedy show on Saturday. Get your tickets for these fun events! Waterbird also has a Thanksgiving day Buffet.
• Thanksgiving is here and the in-laws are coming! Bartlett’s Gourmet Grill now has their Bloody Mary Mix to go. Arm yourself with some delicious pre-dinner cocktails. Complete with skewers and house-made cheese (and crackers). Call 879-3081 to order and pick up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
• Need to work off some of those calories? There’s the popular Turkey Trot in Valpo on Thanksgiving morning as well as the Annual Turkey Walk at Friendship Gardens complete with a scavenger hunt and trail walk for the kids. Too busy on Thursday? the Crazy Legs Turkey Recovery 4 miler will be in Porter, In on Sunday.
• Christmas long ago on Buckley Homestead Head out to Lowell on November 27th and 28th from 2-5 pm for this fun family event. See the traditions of Christmas past come to life.
• Small Business Saturday is November 28th. Be sure to check out all the local businesses on the Dig the Dunes Cool Digs Directory for some great deals. Many have holiday gift cards available for purchase right now.
Whatever you decide to do… have fun, be safe and be thankful for this wonderful area where we live. Keep diggin’ the dunes! Thanks to Laura Ann Niemiec for submitting the photo used in today’s blog. She received the most likes on the Dig the Dunes Facebook page for her photos of the “First Snow”