Can you believe we are almost done with 2017? Let’s get into the holiday spirit with some fun events this November.
- November 3 – November First Friday, Michigan City, IN – First Fridays in the Uptown Arts District are always a must! Make sure to take some time out of your evening and explore the shops downtown full of vintage goods, furniture, crafts, and more!
- November 3 – Dune Struck! Save the Dunes Gala, Michigan City, IN – Let’s celebrate 65 years of dune protection and restoration at this wonderful gala. Small dishes and cocktails will be available at the Uptown Center, along with musical performances, a silent auction, coffee bar, and more. Tickets are selling fast, so get yours soon here!
- November 4 – Uptown Vendor Show, Michigan City, IN – Here’s a day of shopping that will support your neighbors. Support your community’s artists and makers by attending this show and start your holiday shopping a little early.
- November 17 – Wine Tasting Event, Michigan City, IN – Get together for the 3rd annual Wine Tasting Event hosted by the Boys & Girls Club of Michigan City. Great wine and small appetizers will be available as a way to show your support. Tickets are available here , and all proceeds will go towards the club.
- November 18 – Holiday Artisan Market, Michigan City, IN – Here’s another chance to start your holiday shopping off on the right foot! Make your way out to the Lubeznik Center for the Arts and browse through a selection of handmade goods that are perfect for the season.
- November 18 – The Depot Holiday Show and Sale, Beverly Shores, IN – Another wonderful holiday show and sale for you to explore! Give the gift of artwork this season after you visit this Depot event that encompasses a variety of different mediums and prices.
- November 18 – Paint Your Pet at The Nest, Michigan City, IN – Do you love your pet? Why not come paint them! Register here for a night at The Nest of painting and cute animals. After registering, make sure to post a photo of your pet to the Facebook event page (click on the title of this event), and they will create a template for you to paint once you arrive at the event.
- November 18 – Winter Lights Night Festival, Valparaiso, IN – Head out to Sunset Hill Farm County Park in Valparaiso for a family-friendly evening full of wagon rides, face painting, cookie decorating, fireworks, and so much more. Just $5 per car and you can enjoy hours of fun and even end the night with a photo with Santa Clause himself.
- November 23 – Thanksgiving Turkey Walk, Michigan City, IN – This is a free celebration of Thanksgiving at Friendship Botanical Gardens. Bring your kids to go on a scavenger hunt through the gardens and enjoy the fall colors throughout each nature trail. If you find every paper turkey that is hidden, you can win a special prize! There’s so much more to this event than just that, so definitely check it out.
- November 25 – Breakfast with Santa, Valparaiso, IN – Why not get yourself into the Christmas spirit right after Thanksgiving? For $6 per person, take a trip with your kids out to the WRF Nursery and Garden Center in Valparaiso to meet Santa! There will be activities and crafts for kiddos to enjoy after a great breakfast.
And, because we are thankful for you and in a giving mood, we’ve got a few extra craft shows we think might enjoy! Ogden Dunes Women’s Club Arts, Craft and Food Fair on November 4 and the Boone Grove Athletic Booster Athletic Booster Snowfest Craft Show on November 11! We’ve also got a Dig the Dunes Brush and Brews at Back Road Brewery on November 15.