Beachcombers to Gather April 14th in Kenosha, WI
Submitted by: Harry Ross
The Lake Michigan Sea Glass Collectors Group will be holding its annual “Meet and Greet” on Saturday April 14, 2018 in Kenosha, WI. The Group which began in July 2012, is Lake Michigan’s #1 resource for tips and information on beach combing for sea/beach glass along Lake Michigan. They celebrated their 5th anniversary on July 28, 2017 and have recently surpassed 2850 members. They invite you to come out and Explore the lakeshore!
Schedule of Events:
1) Sunrise Beachcombing – Simmons Island Park Beach – 6am –Kenosha. Meet Dan Porter @ Old Beach House. Follow entrance road to the right and down to the parking lot next to the beach.
2) Breakfast/Lunch & Meeting – Boat House Pub & Eatery (Private room) – 11am – Kenosha.
3) Show and Tell – Share your favorite finds and stories during our lunchmeeting.
4) Swap, Sell or Trade with follow Group members and/or sell your crafts, jewelry, sea glass, supplies, etc during our lunch meeting!
5) Giveaways – Bring some of your extras to share with fellow Group members, especially any newbies!
6) Beachcombing – Alford Park Beach – Kenosha (marbles)
7) Beachcombing – Pennoyer Park Beach – Kenosha
8) Beachcombing – Racine Beaches (if time and weather permits)
9) Beachcombing – Milwaukee Beaches (if time and weather permits)
10) Best find of the Day Contest
11) Visit and Tour – Dan Porter’s sea glass and marble collection and sea glass landscaping
1) Sunrise 6:12am, Sunset 7:32pm
2) Local hosts contact #’s: Harry 847-975-9650, Dan 262-308-5968
3) Go to visitkenosha.com for more area info. Wyndham Garden -Kenosha Harborside is the closest hotel to Simmons Island Park Beach and the Boat House Pub & Eatery.
4) All Kenosha, Racine and Milwaukee beaches are within 45 minutes drive time of each other.
5) Schedule and activities subject to change except for Lunch meeting.
You can join the facebook event, right here.
Don’t miss out on events like this! Sign up for the Dig the Dunes newsletter today!